All posts by thechargingbuffalo

lott 1 Initial reactions to the Sabres winning the 2021 NHL Draft Lottery

Initial reactions to the Sabres winning the 2021 NHL Draft Lottery

With a 16.6% chance, the Sabres saved their biggest win of the season for June, taking home the #1 overall pick in next month’s draft.  Despite murky waters atop the draft board, you can’t complain with the Sabres getting to hold all the cards here.   We polled five of our analysts on their initial ...

lottery preview header Sabres enter the lottery with top odds for #1 pick; how important would winning it be? 2021 NHL Draft Lottery Preview

Sabres enter the lottery with top odds for #1 pick; how important would winning it be? 2021 NHL Draft Lottery Preview

The Sabres enter the NHL Draft Lottery with the best odds at the top selection for the fourth time in the last eight years.  Buffalo boasts a 16.6% chance at the first overall selection, a 15% chance at second, and a 68.4% chance of picking 3rd overall.  With new changes to the lottery this year, ...

prevv last Season Finale; Buffalo Sabres vs Pittsburgh Penguins 5/8/21 Game Preview

Season Finale; Buffalo Sabres vs Pittsburgh Penguins 5/8/21 Game Preview

The Sabres wrap up their 2021 season against the Penguins this afternoon at 3 P.M.  Leading Scorers: Sam Reinhart (BUF) -- 53 GP, 25G, 15A, 40 PTS Sidney Crosby (PIT) -- 54 GP, 24G, 38A, 62 PTS Expected Lines:  Sabres Bjork - Reinhart - Olofsson Asplund - Mittelstadt - Thompson Skinner - Cozens - Routsalainen ...

5.4 isles Buffalo Sabres vs New York Islanders 5/4/21 Game Preview

Buffalo Sabres vs New York Islanders 5/4/21 Game Preview

Coming off last night’s 4-2 win, the Sabres will close out their season series (1-6) with the Islanders this evening.  Leading Scorers: Sam Reinhart (BUF) -- 51 GP, 25G, 15A, 40 PTS Mathew Barzal (NYI) -- 52 GP, 15G, 26A, 41 PTS Expected Lines:  Sabres Skinner - Reinhart - Olofsson Asplund - Mittelstadt - Thompson ...

51 prev Buffalo Sabres vs Boston Bruins 5/1/21 Game Preview

Buffalo Sabres vs Boston Bruins 5/1/21 Game Preview

The Bruins host the Sabres in an afternoon matchup as the teams face off for the final time this season.  Boston took Thursday’s game by a score of 5-2.  Leading Scorers: Sam Reinhart (BUF) -- 49 GP, 23G, 14A, 37 PTS Brad Marchand (BOS) -- 47 GP, 26G, 32A, 60 PTS Expected Lines:  Sabres Skinner ...